Profile: Gaby Hampsey

By Coral Platt




What is a hobby you have that most people don’t know about?

This is kind of a hard question. Most of my friends already know what kind of things I like doing.  Just recently I’ve tried making earrings out of clay.  

What are some of your favorite items or shapes that you’ve made?

I like to make little charms.  My favorite ones that I’ve done are little frogs

What is your favorite class this year and why?

This might change later on in the year but I think so far, this class, mass communications. I think it’s going to be a lot of fun.  And I’m also in the freshman FLI band, so I’m excited for that too, playing instruments and stuff.

What instrument do you play?

I play the trombone.

What is your favorite book and/or genre?

It’s really hard to choose my favorite book.  My favorite genre of books would probably be fantasy.  And some of my favorite series are “Keeper of the Lost Cities” by Shannon Messenger, that’s a great one.  I also really like all of Rick Riordan’s books, “Percy Jackson,” “Heroes of Olympus,” all of the mythology-inspired ones.  And I also really love “The Lunar Chronicles” by Marissa Meyer, those are really good. 

If you could use one word to describe yourself, what would it be and why?

I don’t know, maybe talkative or outgoing.

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?

Maybe Maui.  There’s a place where family and I stay almost every year.  We weren’t able to go this year because of Covid.  We stay at a place where there is a pool and a beach.  It’s a lot of fun.

Is there a specific part of Maui where you stay?

The place where we stay is called Kaanapali.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Profile: Emilie Kono and Kelly Ryu

Photojournalism

Frankie Lopez Profile