Ursula Tiegs: Bombing my First Test

I wanted to pick a story that was somewhat personal and still fresh in my mind. The story I picked was one that took place in my freshman year of highschool, where my bad habit of procrastination ended up getting me a C on my first test of the year (as well as the first time in my life). 

Some skills I learned were how to better articulate my thoughts, and how to speak smoothly without awkward pauses or filler words. The storytelling project wasn't my favorite since I personally like writing out my thoughts more than speaking them, but I enjoyed the different set of skills we learned with this project. It also allowed me to become more comfortable with speaking in front of other people. 

I was able to learn more about my classmates personal lives as well as important moments in their lifetime that changed who they are. I was pleasantly surprised with my presentation of my story, and I learned that I'm somewhat good at thinking on my feet.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Profile: Emilie Kono and Kelly Ryu

Photojournalism

Frankie Lopez Profile