Emma Rolfs: Understanding the Importance of Dance

 When choosing a story to tell I instantly thought of dance. Dance has always been an important part in my life, so it was easy to choose a topic. I decided to talk about the dance class when I realized how important dance is to me, not just as an extracurricular. From this I wanted to explain how dance was an escape for me from life, and that even though I can't dance now, it was still a life changing experience.

I practiced telling the story to my friends, which also put me out of my comfort zone. Even though they weren't strangers or classmates, it was still challenging to be animated or not use words like "um" or "like". I wasn't there to hear other peoples stories. But from this project I realized that I needed to improve my public speaking skills.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Profile: Emilie Kono and Kelly Ryu

Photojournalism

Frankie Lopez Profile