Mia Christian: Scuba Diving

     When deciding what story to tell, I had a lot of interesting and unique stories but none of them really clicked in my mind as a story I should tell. I decided to ask my mom for some help. She reminded me about how I went from being such a scaredy-cat with snorkeling to getting certified for scuba diving. This is the story I decided to tell. In my story, I speak about going on a few scuba diving trips with my family where I wasn't certified so I just stayed on the boat. I didn't even get in the water because I was scared. Then one day, we were in Australia on a dive trip on the Great Barrier Reef I decided to get in the water and try snorkeling. This kick started my journey to becoming a certified scuba diver. 

    While telling my story to classmates, I learned quite a few things. I learned a lot about how engaging and strong you need to be while telling a story. I learned about how you shouldn't rush when you are telling a story. I mostly enjoyed this storytelling assignment for the reasons being I got to hear cool and interesting stories from classmates and I got to tell a story that meant a lot to me. Even though I am not a great public speaker, I still really enjoyed actually telling a story. 

    From listening to my classmates' stories, I learned about their personal experiences that are special to them. I also learned how much I don't really know about my classmates. This assignment really helped me understand a little about who they are as people and what they are like since with being online it is pretty hard to feel connected.


Comments

  1. I like how you decided which story to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to hear this story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the thought process you had to choose what story to talk about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked how you talked about overcame your fears of being in the ocean. I also want to hear this story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's always the temptation to rush through the details of the story, there's so many interesting details! Biopics (biographical movies) certainly struggle with this in their writing process. People feel as though they lie, but if you need to warp or skip over details to help the plot and pacing, I say go for it. As long as the key meaning is preserved, the biggest critique of these changes will always be yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also enjoyed hearing others' personal experiences and stories.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Profile: Emilie Kono and Kelly Ryu

Photojournalism

Frankie Lopez Profile