Maya Cole: Moving away from home

 When choosing I had compacted a list of possibilities, however with all the options the one that stuck out was the most personal to me. I wanted to feel like I could be open about something I felt was hidden and blocked out. I finally want to share my transition from my life in Vancouver into what it is now in Portland. It doesn't seem like far but there was a lot that I feel was left behind from certain friends to my school.

I learned a lot about connecting to the audience and the importance of telling your story while having points of interaction with others. I genuinely really liked this project, I felt like I was opening up and becoming more comfortable with my classmates. I think through storytelling it can tell the unique bits about a person you may not have assumed so It was a good opportunity to get to know one another. 

I learned some of the habits and strengths my classmates have gained through certain life experiences. For example, Ursula used to procrastinate but through a specific class experience, she learned that put things off isn't worth the stress and pressure procrastination brings. I also learned a lot about myself in that I didn't think I would be so vulnerable with something that is so close to me and I rarely share.

Comments

  1. I thought it was super cool how you came to chose your story! That deep personal connection made it super interesting:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that you choosing to tell the most personal story can make it more genuine, which is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like that you chose to tell a personal story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you chose a personal story to tell

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you picked a story that had a large impact and that you felt was influential in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how this assignment affected you and how you were able to open up about something that was personal to you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Profile: Emilie Kono and Kelly Ryu

Photojournalism

Frankie Lopez Profile