Keira Saavedra: A Plane Crash

     I chose this story to tell because it's a story I haven't previously shared openly with people. For the longest time some of my closet friends didn't even know about my story. I decided to share this traumatic story because of the advice my mom gave me. She said that sometimes the best way to get past a fear or a trauma is to talk openly about it. My story is about a plane crash I was in almost 8 years ago. I tell my story by talking about what happened the events of the day, and the repercussions I have had to face as the result of being in a plane crash. 

    The skills I learned from the storytelling assignment is when i'm telling a story I have to pick the details that mean the most to me. I also learned that when telling your story you are forced to become vulnerable.  I really enjoyed the storytelling project. I feel like it gave me some valuable lessons that I can apply to writing also. 

    From listening to my classmates stories I learned more about each person that I wouldn't otherwise know. Many of my classmates stories had a moral or a lesson to lead by which helped me realize I should be applying those lessons to my life. I don't think I learned anything new about myself. 

Comments

  1. I like that you chose a story that was really meaningful and important to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you learned from others and applied their lessons to yourself

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought your last paragraph about applying lessons to yourself was super interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you chose a story that was very tough to talk about with other people but decided to tell other people which is really brave of you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Profile: Emilie Kono and Kelly Ryu

Photojournalism

Frankie Lopez Profile