Juliet Zimmerman - Moving cross-country during a pandemic

 

    When I was deciding which story to tell, I wanted to choose one that was still fresh in my mind, and one that I could tell easily. In the end, I decided that the best story to tell was that of the time we moved from our longtime home in the suburbs of Michigan to Portland, a place where we had only been for two days. 

I learned that eye contact was important, and that the tone you use can set how people react to your story. I am not the best public speaker, so I was pretty nervous for this unit. In the end though, I enjoyed it. 

I learned that I have a lot in common with my classmates, like pets and what interests we have. I learned that I need to focus when I am speaking or else I get distracted really quickly, and I need to have points to focus on. 


Comments

  1. I like that you chose to tell a story that was still newer because I think it makes the story really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you chose to tell this story that was still fresh in your mind because I think that oftentimes makes it easier to tell

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved experiencing your story so much! You did awesome. I was also nervous going into the unit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you took something you weren't extremely comfortable with and learned from it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked how you chose to tell a recent story

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was also a little nervous for this unit, but it was pretty fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Profile: Emilie Kono and Kelly Ryu

Photojournalism

Frankie Lopez Profile