Elena Valdovinos: My First Upside-Down Rollercoaster Experience


Choosing a story to tell was difficult for me. I thought about whether a long and meaningful story would fit a 5-minute time limit, or if a shorter, more relatable story would give me more creative freedom to add humor and sarcasm. I ended up picking a memory from maybe two years ago, in which I was peer-pressured into doing something I wouldn't normally do. I had never been on a rollercoaster with a loop or a corkscrew in it, and I had always been a nervous nelly when it came to intense rides.

In telling this story to my classmates, I had to practice leaving out parts that weren't necessary, and I had to wrack my brain to remember exactly how I was feeling. I really enjoyed telling my story to other people, and it was fun to see how they reacted. It put a massive smile on my face.

I think that listening to other classmates' stories helped me get to know them better, and it was a fun way to connect with others. I learned about important parts of these people's lives, like how one classmate moved across the country during the pandemic with her family and their dog and tortoise. I don't think that I really learned anything about myself, but I really enjoyed connecting with these people.


Comments

  1. I definitely relate to having to learn to leave out unimportant parts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had really similar stories. It's funny how the same experience can influence people in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had similar stories as we both I were peer pressured a bit into doing something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also learned to leave out the unimportant things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally relate in the way you connected to people through each persons unique story!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Humor and sarcasm is very fun to include, much harder when you don't have it written down. I have a personal balance between being genuine and being funny that's always hard to quantify, I relate to that dilemma.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really liked listening to your story, and I can relate it to my past experiences as well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Profile: Emilie Kono and Kelly Ryu

Photojournalism

Frankie Lopez Profile