Declan McCurdy: Peer pressure at an amusement park

 Choosing a story was a little difficult. But after some thinking, I settled on a time when I was pressured by my friends to ride the tallest roller coaster in Germany. It was scary at first but ended up being a really fun experience. I choose this story because it helped me to not overthink things and helped me to take risks.

This project helped me with public speaking even though I was only in front of two people. That is a good thing because it is a skill I need to practice. I enjoyed the storytelling project because it took me out of my comfort zone and it was also fun to hear other people's stories.

I learned that some people had similar experiences to me with taking risks and trying new things. I also learned that I need to get better at storytelling. I am glad that we did this assignment.
 

Comments

  1. I like the fact that you talked about overcoming your fears even though it took you out of your comfort zone

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tallest roller coaster in Germany is certainly an interesting premise, I'm glad you had fun - sometimes peer pressure can be a positive force, although less covered / infrequent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also had a hard time picking a story to speak about. Your story sounds really interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Profile: Emilie Kono and Kelly Ryu

Photojournalism

Frankie Lopez Profile