Bella Lehmann- Jumping Off a Cliff

For me, choosing a story was simply looking at my past experiences and picking out one that seemed the most interesting to me. I had made a list of possibilities and, after consulting my sister, I chose the one that I was going to tell. In my story, I talked about the time that I went white water rafting and was presented with the opportunity to jump off a 30-foot cliff. Instead of doing what I usually did, backing down, I took the risk and made the jump. 

While partaking in this assignment, I learned a lot about how to tell a story. I realized that to make a story good, you have to be engaging, have some sort of a layout, and also be able to not be scared to tell your story. I really enjoyed this storytelling assignment as I was able to hear a bunch of interesting stories and learn more about the lives of my fellow peers. I also thought it was fun to think back on my previous experiences and tell them to people. 

As I listened to my classmates' stories, I learned more about their personal lives and what was special for them. I got to experience an important moment in their lives right along with them which was super cool and interesting. The storytelling also gave me a chance to get to know my classmates on a more personal level, which I couldn't normally do in an online setting. Finally, by doing the project, I also was able to dig deeper into myself and find out what really made me "me," through what I have experienced. 


Comments

  1. I think that it is a great idea to tell a story that would make many people scared, and to tell how you did it and overcame your fear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you made a list of story options

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that you got a lot of takeaways from the assignment, and that you shared important parts of what you learned for other people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you had discovered something about yourself and you were able to realize what impact this experience had on your life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you were able tell about a pretty long story in just two sentences and make it understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how you talked about overcoming your fears of jumping off a 30 foot cliff even though you felt scared

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how you learned to engage and format your story as you took in suggestions and got more used to the assignment.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Profile: Emilie Kono and Kelly Ryu

Photojournalism

Frankie Lopez Profile