Q & A with Mackenzie Ward





By Kate Franzen

How have you been feeling about quarantine/social distancing? What's been hard? What's been easier?

At first, I thought quarantine would be fun since there was no school and I'd get to hang out with my friends, but after learning that I couldn't hang out with my friends because they were all self-isolating I realized how serious this pandemic actually is, and isolation wasn't really fun anymore. It's easier for school because I get more time to work on homework but it's harder because I don't have a set schedule to follow.

What have you been doing to keep busy?

I've been watching a lot of Netflix, doing homework, painting, calling my friends, and cleaning to keep myself busy. Occasionally, it's hard to find something to do and I don't want to do my homework that I end up taking a five-hour nap.

How do you feel about online learning?

Online learning has its ups and downs, most of the downs include that it's harder to learn through a screen rather than in person. It can be easier since the classes start a little later and give me way more time to do homework. I would still prefer to be at school in person, but it's nice that I get to experience different ways of schooling.

What are you looking forward to the most after quarantine/social distancing is over?

When the quarantine is over, I'm going to hang out with my friends as soon as possible. I miss them a lot and without calling them in quarantine, I probably wouldn't have been able to stay sane.

What is the biggest lesson Quarantine, social distancing, or COVID-19, in general, has taught you?

Quarantine has definitely taught me to appreciate the little things like hanging out with friends, going to stores, and having good health and resources for things like school so I can keep up my education.

How long do you think quarantine will last?

I think quarantine will be over hopefully before summer was supposed to start, but May is supposed to be the peak of COVID-19, so I think it may be in late July.

Comments

  1. Yeah I thought quarantine would be fun also

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked the question about the biggest lesson learned during these times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how this Q & A talks about the pros and cons of online learning!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Profile: Emilie Kono and Kelly Ryu

Photojournalism

Frankie Lopez Profile