Q&A with Kate Franzen

By Mackenzie Ward

How have you been feeling about quarantine/social isolating? What's hard for you? What's easier?

For me personally, quarantine and social distancing has been pretty hard. It's difficult for me to be without a schedule or structure and without my normal routine I'm finding myself quite overwhelmed. 

Photo courtesy of Kate Franzen
What have you been doing to keep yourself busy? 

I've mostly been reading and watching Netflix as well as taking online dance classes and face-timing my friends in order to stay busy. 

How do you feel about online learning? What has your experience been like so far? 

I think online learning is kinda weird and it's harder for me to focus while at home learning from a computer screen. Having less one-on-one time with my teachers has been an adjustment and it's harder to get the exact help you need while doing online learning. 

What are you looking forward to the most after quarantine/social isolation is over? When do you think quarantine as a whole will be over? 

The thing I'm looking forward to most after quarantine is over is seeing my friends. I think not being able to see my friends and the rest of my family has been the hardest part for me. 

What is the biggest lesson quarantine/social isolation or even COVID-19 has taught you? 

I think the biggest lesson all this has taught me is to not take anything for granted and to appreciate the good times when they're happening because you never know when it's all going to go on pause. 

Comments

  1. Same, it's really hard to stay productive

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with question number 1

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious about the dance classes you are are taking. I've been taking yoga classes on line. I can also relate about how it can hard to stay organized and focused when I am always at home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i could really relate to a lot of your answers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Defiantly agree with a lot of these answers

    ReplyDelete
  6. These questions were ones that were more unique, which I liked.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with her answer for the last question.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Profile: Emilie Kono and Kelly Ryu

Photojournalism

Frankie Lopez Profile