Storytelling: Ropes Course

By Abby Yium

My story took place in the trees of Salishan's aerial ropes course. My dad bought tickets to the ropes course, and I had agreed, not knowing that my fear of heights would get in the way of a fun time. I spent most of the time clinging to the trees with my friend, scared to even move from platform to platform. It felt as though I was 80 feet in the air, but in reality, I had only climbed to the 20-foot platform. I almost fell several times, causing me to make the decision to never try an aerial ropes course again.

I chose this story because it happened not that long ago in the summer of 2019. I could very clearly remember the details of the entire journey, so this made it easy to share. This memory stuck with me as one of the times that I faced my fears, but it didn't end well.

I learned a lot about the people in the classroom through this storytelling unit. Everyone was supportive when I was telling my story, and the stories that I heard were very interesting. I think that this was a good activity to learn about the similarities we didn't know we had with each other.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Profile: Emilie Kono and Kelly Ryu

Photojournalism

Frankie Lopez Profile