Storytelling: Our Crazy Hike Through the Samariá Gorge

by Eirini Schoinas

I told a story about the time my family and I hiked through the samariá gorge in Greece, which is where my dad is from. I fell pretty hard and my knee started bleeding everywhere. It was a while ago, but I still remember the story today.

A Photo of Me
I chose this story because it's something I still reflect on today. I was stubborn and because of that I hurt myself. I remember the story quite well and it takes place in Greece, which is an interesting setting. Basically, I just really like the story. I also was able to think of a number of jokes to add to the story, which was another reason I chose it.

I think it was interesting to just tell a story without any notes at all. I felt like I had more freedom to just tell whatever I wanted, since I wasn't following a specific format. It was nerve-racking to have to go in front of my peers without anything to follow if I got lost, but in the end it was a good experience. I think it helped me to be ore confident when presenting, because I had to tell my story so many different times. Ultimately I think it helped us get closer as a classroom community.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Profile: Emilie Kono and Kelly Ryu

Photojournalism

Frankie Lopez Profile