Storytelling: Moving to America

By Mackenzie Ward

My story was about how I moved from New Zealand to America when I was 12. I started off on how much I didn't want to live in Oregon and how I thought my life was perfect just the way it was, and through a dramatic move to Portland, and I ended the story by saying it all turned out for the better. I realized through that tough period that change was good, and I had to accept it was going to hit me sooner or later.

Telling the story was good for me because it finally made me come to terms with the move and realize that it had to happen, even after two years. Even though my classmates and I have been in Mass Communications for a little over a semester now, I still felt that it helped me to get to know them a little better. This I feel like brought us together as a class a little more. 

It was a positive experience for me as I got to get it off my chest but I also had a hard time working up the courage to talk to people since it got me extremely anxious. Because of this, I probably wouldn't do it again, but for others, it was a good unit for public speaking. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Profile: Emilie Kono and Kelly Ryu

Photojournalism

Frankie Lopez Profile