Storytelling - Ice Cream


By: Macy Etters

My story was about the time my dad let my sister and I eat ice cream for all three meals for three days straight.

I chose this story because, as an eight-year-old, I learned a lot from the experience. When you're that age, you don't really know much about moderation and why it's important. I wanted to share my story because I learned about it in the most fun and effective way. It's a story I won't forget, and probably something I would do if I become a parent.

It was nerve-racking to tell my story in front of the class but overall, it was a positive experience. My classmates were respectful, making the nerve-racking experience not as difficult. Personally, I forget the things I am about to say a lot, but having the opportunity to practice our story helped with that. Being up in front of people, you become more vulnerable. I think it grew the community in our class because we have become more comfortable with each other.

Comments

  1. This sounds like it would've been super cool to listen to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this was a really cool story to share!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Profile: Emilie Kono and Kelly Ryu

Photojournalism

Frankie Lopez Profile