Storytelling: Taking a fall

By Owen Adams

I sprinted down an icy hill in the parking lot of a Best Western.  In my 8th period Mass Communications class, I told this story in front of all my peers. I won't bore you with the specifics! I essentially went to Bend, Oregon, found myself in the parking lot of the Best Western I was staying at, and when presented with a giant hill of ice, I ran straight down it until I eventually skidded to a bloody halt on the concrete.

While this story was cool in and of itself, what was better was having the opportunity to share it in front of my class.  To be able to present that memory to a room full of people was, of course, a bit scary, but I was excited to be able to share this part of my life with them, and this assignment gave me the opportunity to do so.  

All in all, this assignment was a great opportunity for my peers and I to share some great stories, and it made my class all that much more exciting.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Profile: Emilie Kono and Kelly Ryu

Photojournalism

Frankie Lopez Profile