Storytelling: I took a fall on the ski hill




By Bailey Armstrong

I was very excited to start the storytelling unit because I was able to share one of my favorite stories. It was one I have told was one of my “go tos” and it was from when I broke my leg skiing when I was eight years old. The twist was that it was the runout and not on the actual double black diamond and my parents were back in Portland. This was one of the most exciting days of my life and so it always brings joy to remember it.


The first time I presented my story was in mass communications to a partner and after some practice, we presented as a class. I enjoyed presenting thoroughly because I am one of those people that enjoys public speaking. I found people enjoyed when stories were relatable and funny. I try to do that by adding some of my favorite little details and a lot of what I was thinking.


I chose to bring my story to both the Lincoln High School story slam and then was invited to bring it to the interscholastic slam at Grant High School. Both of these were great opportunities to try out something new and participate in a fun activity. While normally this is something I don’t tend to do it was exciting to listen to stories of fellow high schoolers who all had something interesting to share.

Overall I feel more connected to my mass communications class as this was a bonding activity and other high schoolers both in and out of Lincoln because we were able to come together and share.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Profile: Emilie Kono and Kelly Ryu

Photojournalism

Frankie Lopez Profile