Podcast Review: Lincoln Underground

By Mackenzie Ward

I listened to Lincoln Underground: Unique Hobbies of Student and Staff by Amelia Thorpe, Claire Yoo and Sydney Ward. Right away I was greeted by some very upbeat music. This definitely added to the podcast feel and I was very intrigued and excited to listen to it. There were more than two interviews and they all provided valuable and interesting information about the staff and students of Lincoln that you probably wouldn't notice at first glance. The podcast definitely stayed true to the name and I'm excited to listen to the next episode.

However, I noticed a few minor flaws in the podcasts' editing, rather than the content. There was a significant amount of background noise which I'm not sure is normal for a podcast, but it did occasionally distract me and made me less focused on the content. There were also some awkward cuts in the podcast between some of the speaking, but it wasn't too noticeable.

From listening to this podcast I took away some things I should put in my future podcast: multiple interviews, good music, credit for the music, and a photo that may relate to one of the interviewees and not just the podcasts' name on a photo and more. This did make me really excited to make my own podcast with a couple friends.

https://cardinaltimes.org/15409/showcase/lincoln-underground-podcast/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Profile: Emilie Kono and Kelly Ryu

Photojournalism

Frankie Lopez Profile