Podcast Review: Gettin' Flicky with it: Hallmark Movies and Controversy


By Abby Yium


I listened to Gettin' Flicky With It: Hallmark Movies and Controversy. This podcast was written by Avery Hellberg and Michelle Yamamoto and produced by Cole Pressler.

I liked this podcast because they reviewed a Hallmark movie while relating it to current important issues. They discussed the Hallmark scandal that happened in 2019 and also talked about the lack of diversity in the many Hallmark movies made. This podcast didn't feel scripted. Their podcast felt like I was listening to a conversation, and I think that's what made this podcast good. I also liked how they included the positives and negatives of the movie while describing the plot in detail.

I learned more about the Hallmark scandal and its effect on audiences. I also learned more about the effect of the lack of diversity in Hallmark movies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Profile: Emilie Kono and Kelly Ryu

Photojournalism

Frankie Lopez Profile