StoryCorps Interview: Sally Spencer

By George Spencer
Photo by George Spencer


I interviewed my grandmother Sally Spencer who is my grandmother on my father's side. I mostly asked my grandmother questions about her childhood to her teen years.

The interview went smoothly although there were many hiccups, most were caused by me mainly due to my lack of knowledge on how to conduct an interview. My interviewee was very cooperative.

I learned many things from doing the interview. One of the things I learned is that it’s better to go in fully prepared, and not have to do things on the fly during the interview. For example I should have had my questions on a piece of paper instead of on my phone due to it being awkward to have to keep swapping tabs on my phone during the interview.

Comments

  1. I like your reflection. You were really honest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you focused your interview on a specific part of her life. I also like that you noted things you learned about interviewing in general, not just about your subject

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you accepted your mistakes in the interview process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is cool that you learned from your mistakes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you admitted that things went wrong in the interview!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Profile: Emilie Kono and Kelly Ryu

Photojournalism

Frankie Lopez Profile