StoryCorps Interview Reflection: Linda Brown

by Magdalena Rahtgens

Linda Brown and her husband in Disney world, Florida
Photo by Mandy Mock 


For my StoryCorpse interview, I talked with Linda Brown, my host grandma and also my mom's host mom. She was and exchange student from Germany like me.
The interview went without any complications, but the beginning was a little awkward and neither of us really knew what to say. But after the first question, we just fell right into it, sitting in an airplane. 
During the interview I learned a lot about Linda, how she grew up and how she met her husband, which was a great gift, but I also learned that an interview seems a lot more authentic when you really engage in the conversation and not just ask the previously prepared questions. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Profile: Emilie Kono and Kelly Ryu

Photojournalism

Frankie Lopez Profile