StoryCorp Interview Reflection: Guillermo Bermudez


By Natalia Bermudez


For my StoryCorp interview, I interviewed my dad, Guillermo Bermudez.

Overall, it went well. I had to pause frequently because it would take him a while to figure out what he wanted to say, especially in the beginning, but once he got the hang of it, it went a lot smoother. His answers were detailed and personal. It was a pretty emotional experience, to be honest, because he stated talking about hardships I never knew he had faced and he also said a lot of very sweet things about me and our family.

I learned more about my dad was when he was a kid, which I had never really fully known about before. Hearing what his parents were like so long ago was also interesting, because my grandma has obviously changed a lot and I don’t really remember my grandpa. I also found out more of his immigration story from Nicaragua, which I had always wondered about but never really directly asked for.

Comments

  1. Very cool how you learned so much you didn't know

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Profile: Emilie Kono and Kelly Ryu

Photojournalism

Frankie Lopez Profile