Story Corps Interview by Tabitha Lee

ByTabitha Lee


For the StoryCorps interview, I decided to interview my mother. I chose my mother because I would feel like it would deepen my connection with her and my don’t typically talk to her about the type of questions I was asking in the interview on a regular basis. My mother was cooperative while I asked the questions, though I felt like there were times where she didn’t know what to say and was forced to give an answer that was less in depth than what she could have given provided she had more time.

During this interview, learned a lot about how the loss of my grandmother had affected my mother, and how much it had really changed her life. My mother doesn’t typically talk about her mother's death as it’s not an easy topic for her and talking about it does not bring back pleasant memories. However, in this interview, my mother opened up and talked a lot more about how the loss of someone so important to her had affected her life.

Talking with my mother was a really good experience and helped me learn more about my family. It made me want to interview my other family members with the same questions just to see what they would say. It also makes me want to talk with my grandfather and ask him the same questions with my dead grandmother in mind, just to see how the death of his wife affected him, especially since he never remarried and to my knowledge never dated again.

Comments

  1. I love the picture. I think it's cool that you learned more about your mom that you hadn't know before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try going in to fix you formatting but really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it was cool how your mom opened up during the interview!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Their might be some run-ons, but the topic and contents of the paragraph is really powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photo is adorable and I love how you got to learn more about your mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like you had a really good conversation and learned a lot from your mom.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Profile: Emilie Kono and Kelly Ryu

Photojournalism

Frankie Lopez Profile