Story Corps Interview Reflection-Anne Griffin


By Janie Phillips


Anne Griffin and Janie Phillips

For my Story Corps interview I decided the interview my grandmother. She lives in upstate New York and because of the distance we only see each other a few times a year. The process of interviewing her was to some degree difficult because I'm not used to taking to her in such a formal way, so it took a bit of adjustment in my own head, however overall it was very positive.

My grandmother had good responses to all my questions and there wasn't a lot of interruptions or distractions, even though it was happening in a very busy house. I learned some about my grandmother that I didn't know but I also just enjoyed having a little bit of time to talk to her one on one, as we usually spend the limited time we have together with the rest of my family as well.

What I learned about the interviewing process was that it can be difficult to seem engaged while not interrupting the speaker. Overall it was a really fun process and I look forward to interviewing other people in the future!

Comments

  1. I thought it was cool that you learned new things about your grandmother who you don't see very often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds really interesting and it seems like you learned during the process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's super cool that you got to interview someone who you don't see a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you had fun making this interview. The 1st and 3rd paragraphs were well written to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your reflection is well written and very interesting

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your interview sounds like it went well and that you got a lot out of it too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like your interview went really well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Profile: Emilie Kono and Kelly Ryu

Photojournalism

Frankie Lopez Profile