Editorial Cartoon: Kevin Gochee


Withdrawal of Soldiers From Syria 

By Kevin Gochee




I composed this cartoon to illustrate the indecency displayed by President Trump when he withdrew U.S forces from Syria. I hope this cartoon helps to educate about Trump’s mistreatment of allies, specifically the abandonment of our Kurdish allies.


When I was writing this cartoon, I was not sure how to frame my idea. I decided to make it clear and simple. A cartoon version of Trump happily leaving his confused allies illustrates what I envisioned when I read about this event in the news.


Drawing an editorial cartoon is not easy. Lost of thought is required to create a concise cartoon that packs a lot of meaning. I don’t think I achieved a solid cartoon, but I can understand the process and respect other cartoonists that do this as a profession.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Profile: Emilie Kono and Kelly Ryu

Photojournalism

Frankie Lopez Profile