The Smarter Species - Editorial Cartoon

The Smarter Species
By: Tara Subramaniam

The reason why I chose slime mold’s intelligence as the topic of my editorial cartoon is that I found it a unique, interesting, and rare idea. Most people don’t even know what slime mold, much less of its intelligence, but this is the intelligence that can be key to self-automated cars.

After I decided on this topic, I sketched three images that related to slime mold is more and decided on which one conveyed the idea more efficiently. I included labeling, symbolism, and irony in this editorial cartoon.

I learned about the process of making an editorial cartoon--before this unit, I used to think that editorial cartoonists only worked on one drawing for the whole process. Now I know that editorial cartoonists draw up several sketches and decide on the best one.




Comments

  1. I love this because it is so simple yet so unique. This was such a creative idea and the artist statement summed it all up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this cartoon because it is so unique and not many people know about slime mold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cartoon explores a unique and creative topic.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Profile: Emilie Kono and Kelly Ryu

Photojournalism

Frankie Lopez Profile