Profile: Ellie Virlouvet

By Anabella Wilkinson
Ms. Virlouvet  was always intrigued by being a teacher, even at a very young age in elementary school! When she was older she moved to France and did her undergraduate degree. After that she did a teaching assistant program and taught in an elementary school. She says she  hated it. Probably because the kids were too little. 
Eventually she taught at a high school and loved it. 
“[Working at the high school] just kind of solidified things for me and I knew that it was what I wanted to do,” said Virlouvet.
However, sometimes teaching can be an emotional rollercoaster at times. 
“The highs are really high and the lows are really low,” said Virlouvet. 
Virlouvet loves Lincoln, although she thinks there are some problems with the funding. 
“I don't like the fact that it's not funded enough,” she said, “that you don't have what you need.” She then talked about her beliefs.
“Every teacher wants those resources trickle-down to their classrooms, to their students and I think it's crazy that I have to buy tissues for my classroom,” said Virvoulet. 
Ms Virouvet is not only a hard working teacher, she's one of the only teachers who teaches two subjects. She's taught English and French the whole time she's been at Lincoln which is about three years. 
She says it can be difficult.
“It is hard in the sense that my brain has to shift from literally one language to another language, but I also think it really balances me out.” 
Another very important mentor who has shaped Virlouvet as a teacher and person  was her french teacher Maddam Ji who was her high school French school.
“She was the first person to teach my about like feminism and just so many big world ideas,” said Virvoulet “I had a lot of very impactful people [in my life.]”
Virlouvet has many interests outside of school. For example, she loves to hang out with her husband and dog. They all regularly do outside things such as camping and backpacking. 
“I love being outside. I feel like my best self outside,” said Virvoulet. However she also loves to go workout at Burn Cycle. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Profile: Emilie Kono and Kelly Ryu

Photojournalism

Frankie Lopez Profile