Mass Comm Final - Bella Stutz-Lazzara

Photo by: Bella Stutz-Lazzara
Photos by: Dessert For Two

Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies




When making the mint chocolate chip cookies I decided to use fresh mint instead of mint extract. To do this I infused fresh mint into the butter that I would use to make the cookies. This would add a subtle hint of mint instead of an overpowering flavor. Make sure that before you use it to let it cool for at least 30 minutes. To begin always preheat the oven first. This recipe is a standard base for any cookie. If you wanted to make them chocolate instead, you’d take out the brown sugar and add cocoa powder instead. But for this recipe, I did not add anything. Next, you’ll want to combine the sugars and butter together beating with a mixer on high speed. If the sugar and butter mixture is not light and fluffy add the vanilla and eggs and keep mixing on high speed. It should become light and fluffy by then. In a separate bowl add all dry ingredients together. Slowly fold in dry ingredients with wet ingredients. As I was doing this, I noticed that my dough was not sticking together. I added a quarter cup of milk to help it combine better. If you need to do this be sure not to add too much liquid or it will become more of a batter instead of a dough. Once all the dry ingredients are combined with the wet ingredients fold in the chocolate chips. Then bake them at 350ยบ for 12 - 15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. When I took them out of the oven, they had spread out more than I expected. This could be because of the extra liquid I added. In my family, my father is the best taste tester. So I asked him to try my cookie. He said, “The subtle hint of mint evens out all the other flavors and is not too overpowering.” In other words, he really liked them. I would not recommend this recipe for anyone who has not been baking or cooking for quite some time. It is an easy recipe to understand but the part where you incorporate the mint into the butter is a little more difficult.













Comments

  1. It would be nice if she also included the actual recipe, ingredients, and step-by-step process she used so readers can try it for themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The descriptions make these cookies sound delicious! It would be stronger, however, if there was more of an introduction and the article was broken into much smaller paragraphs

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Profile: Emilie Kono and Kelly Ryu

Photojournalism

Frankie Lopez Profile