PDX Media Day

By Anna Loy

At PDX Media Day on Friday, March 8th, Andrew Devigal talked to me and other students interested in journalism. He led a group discussion about making podcasts. Not only did Devigal teach us the basics of making a podcast, he also encouraged us to think about why we want to make podcasts.


Devigal is very experienced when it comes to journalism. He specializes in multimedia, having been the multimedia editor at the New York Times, arguably our nation’s leading newspaper. While working there, Devigal won an Emmy for Outstanding New Approaches: Documentary. Now, he works at University of Oregon. There, he teaches classes at the School of Journalism and runs a podcast on campus.

I found Devigal’s experience to make him very knowledgeable, showing us how to make podcasts while keeping them fresh and innovative.






"Podcast Radio Microphone" by Tumisu is licensed under CC BY 2.0

Comments

  1. I like how short and to the point this post was while still being interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked that you talked about his personality helping him teach you about podcasts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blogpost! I love the picture and how you talked about your experience with him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked the detailed background information so that we know his past experience with journalism and podcasts. I also liked that you added a bit of your own thoughts on it at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As someone who didn't go on the field trip I thought this was very interesting to learn about what you learned there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed how you spoke about his credibility and how he helped you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The visual is very interesting and I loved all of the background information

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Profile: Emilie Kono and Kelly Ryu

Photojournalism

Frankie Lopez Profile