PDX Media Day- "See The White Stag"



By Amelia Thorpe

          We took a walking field trip through downtown on March 8th with the Mass Communications classes for PDX Media Day. It was located in the White Stag Building near the waterfront, and we got to go to four different sessions to learn about different things all centered around media, and communications. Each lecture was on a different subject and you could learn something about yearbook, reporting, podcasts and much more.

         I went to the first three sessions, and I learned lots about reporting, asking questions, and other aspects to being a journalist. In the fourth session, I went on a tour of the White Stag Sign that says "made in Oregon" and has a stag on it. This was probably my favorite session of PDX Media Day because I got to see something I see almost every week from a different perspective- the roof.

         While the leader of this tour didn't teach or tell us much about the sign, I enjoyed learning from the experience. From the top of the building, we had 360° view of Portland's buildings, with the back of the sign in the foreground. We all snapped photos with the sign, and stayed onto of the roof enjoying the fresh air, and beautiful view. This was such a unique experience, and the best thing I did at PDX Media Day, even with the other very interesting sessions we attended.

Taken by George Fox Evangelical Seminary from Portland, OR, USA, https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c6/White_Stag_sign%2C_Portland%2C_Oregon.jpg

Comments

  1. I love how you connected your picture

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had so much fun on the tour and you explained it so well

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how your post was pretty short, but it covered a lot of aspects about the trip and your opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how descriptive your last paragraph is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your writing has great description, especially in the last paragraph!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so descriptive and perfectly recounts our fourth session!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how talked about the other classes you could go to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked that you explained all of the different things that you could do there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was very descriptive and very interesting. I enjoyed reading it a lot and it made me jealous!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Profile: Emilie Kono and Kelly Ryu

Photojournalism

Frankie Lopez Profile