Profile: Caroline Gomez







By: Alli Caldwell



Caroline Gomez is a fourteen year old girl who has a lot to say about her unique cultural background as well as her family and friends.

It was interesting and was a cool experience listening to Caroline’s unique family background, and what it’s like with her family traditions. Gomez enjoys talking about her traditions, and what her culture means to her. Gomez talked more about her family and, when asked about what Gomez’ culture means to her Gomez said,

“ My culture means family and friends, and it also means my family cultural background.”

Gomez explains where both sides of her family is from, and what makes her family unique. Gomez talks about her Grandparents and her Parents and what makes her family, The Gomez Family.

“My mom's side of the family is Italian and a little bit of German, and on my dad’s side of the family is Mexican”

Gomez talked about her mom’s side and her dad’s side of the family and found it very interesting to hear about the different traditions that are brought from both sides. Gomez talks about “Well I celebrate christmas,” Gomez said, “but i also celebrate the Day of the Dead”

When I asked her to explain more about her traditions and how long she has been celebrating these traditions. “ We’ve been celebrating Christmas my whole life, and we have also been celebrating The Day Of The Dead … so basically it’s a time where we get to honor the dead and get to bring back the remembrance of our friends and or family.”

Gomez also explained how traditions in her family household is taken very seriously and that they really enjoy celebrating these traditions and how it affects them in the best possible way there is. Gomez also states that these traditions bring her family together and keep them very close.

When I asked Gomez deeper questions about her family, and friends and more deep down into her family history, “ well, my dad grew up speaking spanish, and i learned some spanish from my dad, also my grandpa who is from mexico so my Grandpa really did bring a lot of traditions to the family”

Gomez went on about her really cool traditions and her grandparents and her parents but i had to ask some things about her, like what makes her unique about herself,

Gomez expressed her culture and really enjoyed getting the experience talking about it, it was also a very interesting time for me to get to listen to a close friend of mine and get to hear her family background and more about her culture background.

“I would say my culture makes me unique because i can embrace my culture and be proud of it.”









Comments

  1. I love the quotes you chose, especially the quote you used at the end which was a really nice way to sum up the piece. I also love the picture you used :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super well written and interesting perspective! Good job, Alli

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this so much! I like how you talked about her traditions and background. Overall, it's very well written. Nice job Alli!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Profile: Emilie Kono and Kelly Ryu

Photojournalism

Frankie Lopez Profile