Profile: Stella Nevills

Photo By Ana Narayan
Former soccer player from Portland, Oregon



She has brown cut bangs, a comfortable and trendy style, and outgoing energy. Stella Nevills is a 15-year-old social butterfly. She walks with confidence and assertiveness, laughs in the halls and rarely is without a smile on her face. Nevills is also a passionate activist who stands up for what is right and isn’t afraid to voice her opinions.


Nevills says school can be stressful, walking from class to class, trying to keep everything you just learned into your head, worrying about tests and quizzes.


“Listening to music, playing music and making art like drawing or painting and even watching movies,” are ways says keeps herself inspired and motivated. “This helps me feel less stressed and I enjoy doing this in my free time,” she says.


Nevills enjoys trying new things and getting out of her comfort zone. So she started playing soccer a few years back.


“I used to play soccer a lot for a couple years and then I stopped.” She states that her original reason was because she had too much work and couldn’t keep up with the sport, but really she was overwhelmed by all the clubs and tournaments. She found it hard to balance school and her school.


She is a goal oriented person and is always trying to find new ways to better herself.


“A goal I have for this year is to do well in all my classes and try to do my best so at the end of the year I will have a good report card!” she answers with excitement. Nevills also mentions that she wants to start writing songs.


“I think it would be fun to do and it doesn't even have to be hard.” he is always determined to try her best.


Being around supportive family and friends, her high school experience so far has been smooth, however Nevills has had her ups and downs when it comes to new experiences and interests. On her way to become fluent in Spanish, she is worried about her class this year.


“This will be challenging for me because Spanish is my hardest class, although I can make it work,” she answers with a smile.


We can’t wait to have Stella Nevills a part of our community, she brings enthusiasm and dedication to our school and wants to get involved in helping Lincoln be a better place. Don’t be afraid to introduce yourself to her!









Comments

  1. This is a great profile, I feel like you really went in depth about her. Great job, Ana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how you described on what the approach was for instead of playing soccer still, it's about why she does not play anymore. It also made me want to read more from your beginning statement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the way you described her. It made it feel as if I knew her myself! Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the introduction! It really gives you a good first look at her personality and what she is like! And the entire profile is really well written!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Profile: Emilie Kono and Kelly Ryu

Photojournalism

Frankie Lopez Profile