StoryCorps Interview: William Parks

by Eirini Schoinas



I Interviewed my grandfather William Parks. He is originally Kansas, was a public defender in Chicago, IL and also joined the U.S. military. He now lives in Portland, Oregon. We talked about his life and relationships, as well as about the future.

The interview went fairly well. He was generally cooperative however, I did feel he sometimes left important details out that as his granddaughter I knew, but other people wouldn't. He did tend to stay pretty on topic, which made it go pretty smoothly.

I learned new things about my grandfather and a little bit more detail about his life when he was younger. I also learned about the importance of explaining all the facts when being interviewed as well as somewhat how to direct your subject to be more precise.

Link to Interview Audio:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MWhzl--tdPixIV5NZf4-Trniu1pJvALI/view?usp=sharing





Comments

  1. I like how your reflection gives an idea of both the content and process of your interview, and how both could be improved

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how your reflection talked about how much you learned

    ReplyDelete
  3. His story seems very interseting but the reflection feels rushed

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Profile: Emilie Kono and Kelly Ryu

Photojournalism

Frankie Lopez Profile