StoryCorps Interview Reflection: Kamra Toalson


StoryCorps Interview Reflection
By: Maris Toalson

For my StoryCorps interview, I interviewed my mother, Kamra Toalson. I asked my mom questions about her childhood, growing up, what’s she’s most proud of, what she’s learned through life and more.

The interview went well, and my subject was cooperative. My mom was eager to recount some of the moments and memories from her life. She enjoyed telling her story, and I enjoyed listening to it!

Through this process, I learned how to conduct an interview as a conversation. StoryCorps uses a more conversational and less formal style, therefore, the interview flowed well. Rather than asking my mom formal questions, I was able to discuss the questions with her and go deeper into her answers. I was also able to learn a few new things about my mom by listening to her tell her story as well!

https://archive.storycorps.org/interviews/the-great-thanksgiving-listen-interview-w-mom/

Comments

  1. Very easy to understand, nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a really good interview!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Profile: Emilie Kono and Kelly Ryu

Photojournalism

Frankie Lopez Profile