StoryCorps Interview: Tabitha Lee



By Leela Moreno

On December 4, 2019 I interviewed my friend Tabitha Lee. We became friends this year after both switching to Lincoln from private schools. I found that this was an incredible bonding experience because it brought up questions that otherwise wouldn’t be asked. She was extremely easy to interview. It felt like more of a conversation than an interview. I was comfortable asking her questions, and she answered them with ease.

I think that this interview made me more aware of what it is like to interview someone. I did two interviews prior to this one, but they had felt different. With Tabitha, I felt like there was less pressure to not stumble on words whereas in other interview settings, I felt stressed.

I really enjoyed asking her the question, “What is you favorite family holiday and why?” Personally, I find that Christmas is a great time to come together with family and connect with people that you don’t normally see, and it was cool to learn that she thought the same thing. I also liked the question, “Who has been the most important person in your life?” This question is a window into who the interviewee idolizes the most in their life. Overall, I really enjoyed this project.

Comments

  1. Really cool that you guys connected so fast and got to talk about interesting questions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found it really cool how you interviewed a friend instead of a family member!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Profile: Emilie Kono and Kelly Ryu

Photojournalism

Frankie Lopez Profile