Story Corps Reflection: Roni Berger

By Ava Rispler


I interviewed Roni Berger over Thanksgiving break, who is my grandma. I don’t get to see my grandma often because she lives in Florida.

My subject was cooperative. My grandma was really happy to do this interview because she wanted me to learn about her childhood some more. My grandma gave me a story for every question and went into great detail for each one. Some stories were hard to hear, however, others were a laughable moment between us.

I learned a lot more about my family history than I would learn in a normal day. It was really interesting to just listen and hear what she had to say about her childhood. I also learned that you have to be careful of what questions you ask because when my grandma was previewing my questions, she said that one would make her too emotional.

Comments

  1. I thought it was cool how during the interview there were some emotional moments but there were also moments where you and your grandma laughed together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's awesome how you got to learn so much more about your family from this interview!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really great that the interview brought you and your grandma closer together

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so cool how you learned so much about your family!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Profile: Emilie Kono and Kelly Ryu

Photojournalism

Frankie Lopez Profile