Relfection on StoryCorps Interview - Alexander Rozas

I interviewed a family friend, Bob Arnold, who I’ve known for three years. My family meet his family in 6th grade when his son joined my soccer team.

 At the start, Bob didn’t answer the questions in much detail, but after a little prodding, he began to give more detail. He answered every single question I asked and even told me personal information without any prodding. We stayed on topic and doing the interview was an enjoyable experience.

I learned that he was a hippie and protested the Vietnam War. He was drafted and narrowly escaped being shipped out. His parents died when he was in his 20s and his wife, Jayne, is the most influential person in his life. While he was a hippie he rejected a six-figure furniture salesman job for six years until he realized his family needed to eat. The most difficult time of his life is when his son died of cancer and that’s why he adopted three foster kids.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Profile: Emilie Kono and Kelly Ryu

Photojournalism

Frankie Lopez Profile