StoryCorps Interview: Patricia Yium











Article by Abby Yium

1. I interviewed Patricia Yium, who is my grandma on my dad’s side.

2. The interview went well, except for one part in the middle of the interview. My uncle who lives in Spain facetimed us while we were recording our interview. We have little opportunities to call him because of the time difference, and because it was Thanksgiving, we had to pause the interview to talk to him. My grandma didn’t get to finish answering the question that was asked when my uncle called, resulting in a cut and a pause in the interview. Other then that, the interview went smoothly.

3. I learned more about my grandma and her life as a child and an adult. I never knew that she went to the Olympics in Lake Tahoe, or what her experience was like there. I learned about important people in her life, including her husband, my grandpa Tom, that passed away and her Spanish teacher in high school that shaped and changed her life.

Comments

  1. Wow! Your interview sounds like it was such an amazing learning experience and like it was fun to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you described all the new things you learned about her, and it seems like you really got to know her better

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice that you learned some new things about your grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the simplicity and how easy it is to understand!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Profile: Emilie Kono and Kelly Ryu

Photojournalism

Frankie Lopez Profile