Trip to the Oregonian





Image courtesy of Google Maps
By Alli Caldwell

Walking through the revolving door at the Oregonian taking notes as I go. Hearing stories from reporter Eder Campuzano who showed us the most important places inside the Oregonian building that is located in Southwest Portland. As we meet Eder Campuzano at the door, he introduces himself as the Oregonians education reporter, mainly working with Portland Public Schools. Eder takes us up to the writers' work space. Getting off the elevator and first thing that catches my eye is the Pulitzer Prize in the glass case-- earned for a most interesting and jaw dropping story-- the story of sending a potato all around the world and its final destination in Tokyo as a french fry.

As Eder led us into the office, my expectations were lots of people and everyone dressed in the typical office outfit. I was surprised seeing that it is not the case at the Oregonian. Writers were sitting back with no shoes on wearing just casual clothes. We got the opportunity to meet different writers in different fields. From Art and Culture to Breaking News, Trending, Investigative and much more.

I learned fascinating things that my class and I got to hear that most people in the area don’t know much about. My time at the Oregonian was exciting, fun and I learned so much about writers and a lot about Portland itself. Getting to see the workspace at the Oregonian was a really cool experience, like seeing piles and piles of newspapers on desks and writers at work. Another amazing thing about this trip was getting a tour by Eder Campuzano. My class and I are greatly appreciated having this opportunity.

Comments

  1. I really liked how you described it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how descriptive and fun to read this article was!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Profile: Emilie Kono and Kelly Ryu

Photojournalism

Frankie Lopez Profile